Gestalt Practitioner – Introduction
Are you passionate about working with other people and to help make a difference? The 2-year program gives you insight into Gestalt methodology, while you work with your own personal development.
It gives you solid personal and professional skills that you can use both privately and in your job.
It was Laura and Frederick Perls, who, from the 1940s onwards, developed what was to become Gestalt methodology.
About Gestalt Therapy and Methodology
Gestalt therapy was introduced in the Nordic countries in the late 60´s. The original American approach and style has through the years been heavily influenced by the Nordic culture and existential tradition. Nordic Gestalt therapy has nowadays developed a balanced approach of respect, empathy and clarity in the relational, dialogical meeting between persons.
The three elements in Gestalt Therapy are:
- The Meta theory, that builds on Existentialism.
- The theory, that builds on Gestalt Psychology, Field Theory, Developmental Psychology,
Social- and Clinical Psychology.
- The method, that builds on the Phenomenological Method.
Gestalt Practitioner is the first two years of the 4-year program
Gestalt Practitioner corresponds to the first two years of the 4-year program to become a Psychotherapist or Consultant and Coach. You are all in connection to the same team as those who will have the long education. Therefore you get the same high level and the same requirements for your active participation. Even though there is no certification for a Gestalt Practitioner, the program you are on is certified if you decide to continue and take all 4 years.
2 year program – Gestalt methodology
First two years – of the certified 4-year training program
Focus On People – intensive personal development
Therapy – Individual therapy and self-reflection
Basic theories – within Bioenergetics, Psychodrama, Existentialism, Psychoanalysis, Zen
Gestalt Practitioner – Requirements
Both our 2 and 4-year programs require that you already have a basic and relevant professional education, knowledge and practice. Many pedagogues, therapists, leaders and other professionals have this. Otherwise, you can attend one of our 120-hour basic courses. Contact us and together we can assess whether your experience is sufficient to get directly into the program.
If you want to continue after the first two years and educate yourself for either Clinical Gestalt Psychotherapist or Organisation Consultant and Coach there are additional requirements you must meet. See all requirements here.
In addition, there are a number of general requirements for admission to the 2-year program:
- Undergone Gestalt development in groups or individually corresponding to a minimum of 120 hours (60 minutes).
- Minimum 26 years of age.
- Working experience with other people, organizations, or other relevant areas. Applicants to the clinical specialization have to have or get sufficient clinical and theoretical and clinical experience and knowledge before entering the 2nd part of the Training Program. Applicants working within theatre, music, sculpturing, painting etc. are accepted to the organizational program.
- Theoretical studies in developmental and clinical psychology is required before entering the 3rd year of training.
- Personal interview.
- Personality test and test-review. Agreement is made on areas of development within personal development, theory, clinical experience according to background.
Gestalt Practitioner – Dates and Price
Applications for the Training Programs are being accepted now. Application deadline for study start November 2022 is October 21st. See prices for training and accommodation here.
|Seminar 1: Establishing the group.
|Seminar 2: Body work in Gestalt.
|Seminar 3: The roots of Gestalt.
|Seminar 4: Confluence and dependency.
|Seminar 5: Examination and evaluation.
|Seminar 6: Psychodrama and creativity in Gestalt, continued.
|Seminar 7: Bodywork in Gestalt. Gestalt and Bioenergetics. Awareness as a key issue.
|Seminar 8: Gestalt methods and techniques.
|Seminar 9: Gender issues: Sexuality and sensuality related to own personality
|Seminar 10: Examination, evaluation and Gestalt work with the roots. Transition to the 3rd and 4th year.
|Voluntary Work. Client Supervision Through last part of the training year.